Starter Law is focused on helping entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses. We build value by setting up your company with a structure that is optimal for high growth, while protecting the company’s assets and IP, and attracting employees and investors alike. Our simple FOUNDATION package equips you with the tools to get your business right from the get-go and ensures that your company is structured according to your business needs. With our LAUNCH package you are set to go live with your product or service. Call or email me for more information: 650 996 9693 / firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also find me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Tumblr.
Starter Law serves entrepreneurs in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
Foundation Package $2,000
Company Formation (California, Delaware or Nevada)
- Draft and File Articles/Certificate of Incorporation
- Draft Bylaws
- Enlist Registered Agent for Service of Process (if incorporating out of state)
- Qualify to do Business in California (if incorporating out of state)
- Apply for Federal and California Employer Identification Numbers
- Acquire Business License (as required)
- Prepare Minute Book and Capitalization Table
- Prepare Organizational Resolutions for First Meeting of Board of Directors
- Issue Stock to Founders and File Securities Exemptions with the SEC and State
- Prepare Employment and/or Consulting Agreements for Founders
- Prepare IP Assignment Agreements for Founders
- Prepare Standard Employment Offer Letter to be used with New Employees
- Prepare Standard Consulting Agreement to be used with New Consultants
- Prepare Standard Non-Disclosure Agreement to be used with Potential Business Partners
Launch Package $1,000
- Terms of Service for website, widget, mobile site, game or application
Legal Audits $500 each
- Analysis of corporate records and structure with a view toward high-growth and M&A exit
- Analysis of legal risks associated with web or mobile based application and content
- Software Development Agreements and Outsourcing Agreements
- Licensing Agreement (patent, copyright, trademark, linking, etc.)
- Additional Sale of Common Stock to Friends and Family by Subscription Agreement
- Note Financing
- Stock Option Plan and Plan Administration for Employees
- US Subsidiary Formation
- Remote Secretary and Record-keeping Service
Entrepreneur and Attorney
I see myself both as a lawyer and an entrepreneur and not just in the sense that I started my own law practice. For the past two years, I worked as a corporate associate at Fenwick & West LLP, where I had the privilege of servicing many prominent Silicon Valley companies. Being particularly interested in our startup clients and the startup environment, I researched company charters for Fenwick’s Trends in Venture Financings quarterly surveys, met with and worked on startup clients whenever possible, attended startup conferences and events, and always made it a point to fully understand the business of new companies. This past June, I decided to take the leap from big firm law practice and use what I had learned to start my own company.
Since stepping out on my own, I have been actively involved with three startup companies in various roles: from founder to advisor, shareholder to board member, and, of course, as an attorney. Through these experiences I have learned, and continue to learn, of the challenges faced by entrepreneurs today.
These days, open source software and the ease of outsourcing development, among other things, makes it possible for companies to quickly bring to market a new product or service. Yet, starting a new company remains both risky and costly. Starter Law’s legal services are packaged to meet the needs of today’s startups by providing comprehensive one-off legal services at reasonable flat fee prices.
Having worked on VC financings and M&A exits, in addition to my focus on startup companies and the startup environment, I know what investors, buyers and their lawyers look for in up-and-coming companies. I believe that as an entrepreneur and attorney, I have a great deal to offer to other startup companies and hope to have the opportunity to help you build your company.
Starter Law, Professional Law Corporation
810 E. 8th Street
Davis, CA 95616